I have been having a go at some new glass fusing techniques, notably crackle. it starts with powder, sprinkled over a base sheet, sprayed with water and then pushed into crackle type effects. A piece of clear glass (tekta) is then put on top.
This is how it looks after the process. I tried an additional variant, where one base sheet was scrunched up first. the idea being that this helped form the crackle look.
The near left picture shows the results. The sheep and bee have come out well. The crackle glass however, hasn’t. It looks like, well, clear glass with melted powder. A bit of a failure really. If you want to see how it should be done, then visit here.
Back to the drawing board on that one. I just need to work out what I did wrong.